Workout of the Day
3-5 minutes of jump rope, double under work
Complete two deadlifts every minute on the minute for 12 minutes @ approximately 85% of 1RM (or if you were here on a Wednesday in the past 5 weeks, add 5 -10 lb to your previous load)
5 rounds for time of:
40 Double unders (120 singles)
30 Kettlebell deadlift high-pulls (53 / 35 lb) demo video
20 Kettlebell swings (53 / 35 lb)
***Note: for the KB DL high pulls, the KB starts on the ground for each rep and ends with the hands at the chin with the elbows above your hands.
Sportsmanship at its finest – The Columbus Dispatch
How’s your diet? Soccer star talks about how a meat & vegetable centered diet keeps him at the top of his game – Daily Mail
In case you didn’t see this yesterday:
1) Remember to RSVP for classes!
2) Stronger Faster Healthier Pure Whey Protein is back in stock. Get it while it lasts!
3) Become a STEVE’S CLUB NASHVILLE STAR! For just $10 a month you can provide healthy snacks for 1 kid for 1 week. For many of them, this may be the only nutritious unprocessed food that they see the entire day.
Help inspire confidence, strength, and determination in Nashville’s underserved youth!
Look for the sign up info on the wall at the gym.
4) Our gym is going to participate in the Hope for Cures. Our goal is $300. CrossFit, Inc. is committed to be a driving force in finding Cures for catastrophic children’s illnesses. Through the efforts of our affiliates and, ultimately you, the CrossFit community can be a driving force in the fight against children’s cancer and other illnesses. Our ability to make change is infinite. Our action is a responsibility. Read about it here: http://hope.crossfit.com/cures
There is a workout for this, too. ”Hope” has the same format as Fight Gone Bad. In this workout you move from each of five stations after a minute. This is a five-minute round from which a one-minute break is allowed before repeating. The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. On call of “rotate,” the athlete/s must move to next station immediately for good score. One point is given for each rep.
5) This Saturday Katelyn and I will be having people over to grill out, swim in the pool, soak up some sun and have some drinks. We recently amassed a TON of red and white wine and quite a bit of beer plus Casey inherited a bunch of other alcohol, so we figured instead of having it sit around the house, we’d like to share with the members of CFF. All of you are invited. More details forthcoming.