Workout of the Day
DUE TO HAZARDOUS ROAD CONDITIONS, WE ARE CANCELLING THE 6 AM CLASS. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Back Squat 5 x 5 at 60-65% of 1 Rep Max (all sets and reps are to be done at the same weight)
This marks the start of a new back squat strength cycle. Every week for the next 8 weeks, there will be a linear progression of load.
After each set, perform 5 Renegade Rows with dumbbells (moderately heavy).
**18 minute cap**
AMRAP in 12 minutes of:
7 Ring Dips
12 Kettlebell Swings (53 / 35)
9 Sprawl-Balls (20 / 14)
Rx+ 4/2 Muscle-ups (sub for ring dips), 70 lb KBS
Announcements and reminders:
1) We are holding our next set of CrossFit 101 classes tonight at 6:30 PM. Tell your friends and family and get them in here!
2) WE ARE HAVING A PARTY AT THE GYM THIS SATURDAY, JANUARY 11 AT 7:00 PM. We’d love for all of you to come to see how great your fellow CFF members look in non-workout clothes!
3) We now have a 3:30 PM class Monday-Friday.
4) The Attitude Nation Level 1 Weightlifting Seminar with Jon and Jessica North is on January 18, be sure to sign up ASAP. I’d love for as many CFF members to sign up for this as possible. Don’t know who Jon North is? Watch THIS and then sign up HERE.
5) The JumpNRope double under seminar is February 9th. Sign up HERE
6) The CF Games Open is starting in less than two months. Registration begins 1/15/14.
7) For those of you doing the January Burpee challenge, log it HERE!
8) Complete your Wodify account with payment information by January 12 and you will be put into a drawing to win a free unlimited month!
You may have heard of triple-unders. But have you heard of back-flip triple-unders? Check this dude out: