Workout of the Day
Spend 10-15 minutes working on three different gymnastics movements. Ideally, you will choose movements that are a weakness …
Muscle-ups, toes to bar, knees to elbows, pull-ups, handstand push-ups, handstand holds/walking, pistols, double-unders, ring-dips, L-sits, etc…
An effective way to do this is to choose three exercises and do short skill sets. Here is an example:
Three sets, NOT for time, of:
8-10 Handstand Push-ups (push-ups)
1 Rope Climb
10-12 Butterfly pull-ups (ring rows)
Come with a plan…and execute it.
For the next several weeks, just like I did last year, I will be programming many of the CF Games Open workouts from the past few years to give you an idea of what to expect when the Open is upon us.
2011 CrossFit Games Open Workout 11.5
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 20 minutes of:
5 Power Cleans (145 / 100)
10 Toes to bar
15 Wall-Balls (20/14)
The Paleo Challenge starts in less than a week. Want to look, feel and perform your best? Give it a shot. Lose fat, boost your energy, slam bars and kill PRs. Sign up HERE
1) We are holding our next set of CrossFit 101 classes tonight at 6:30 PM. Tell your friends and family and get them in here!
2) WE ARE HAVING A PARTY AT THE GYM THIS SATURDAY, JANUARY 11 AT 7:00 PM. We’d love for all of you to come to see how great your fellow CFF members look in non-workout clothes!
3) We now have a 3:30 PM class Monday-Friday.
4) The Attitude Nation Level 1 Weightlifting Seminar with Jon and Jessica North is on January 18, be sure to sign up ASAP. I’d love for as many CFF members to sign up for this as possible. Don’t know who Jon North is? Watch THIS and then sign up HERE.
5) The JumpNRope double under seminar is February 9th. Sign up HERE
6) The CF Games Open is starting in less than two months. Registration begins 1/15/14.
7) For those of you doing the January Burpee challenge, log it HERE!
8) Complete your Wodify account with payment information by January 12 and you will be put into a drawing to win a free unlimited month!